Effective management of employee related processes
Every organisation needs processes to deal with employee management. For example, sickness, return to work, skill renewal etc. These processes have a sequence of tasks attached to them that have to be performed.
Business Process Management (BPM) allows your employee management processes to be set-up and configured within MyOptions, a typical BPM process contains a set of rules. These rules dictate events which have resulting tasks which need to be performed by users by a completion date.
Events – may be initiated by the normal day-to-day work of a MyOptions user e.g. If an employee is registered as sick on Open Options, BPM will trigger a sickness process.
Tasks – may be conditional, for instance, the completion of a task by a user may result in none, one or a number of other tasks being created for other users. A task is related to a user and has an actual completion date. The completion date allows management of and alerts users to their overdue tasks.
For example: Sickness Management process
BPM alerts a MyOptions user to perform the first task in the process, on completion of the first task BPM triggers tasks for users as dictated by your rules.
Depending on your rules, the BPM process may contain just a few tasks, or in a complex process many tasks for many users.
In this sickness example, when the employee returns to work BPM will trigger when to complete the sickness process. Depending on your rules, the completion of this sickness process may then trigger a further BPM process to manage a “return to work”.
- Promotes fairness & consistency in application of tasks & processes
- Ensures compliance with legislative requirements
- Alerts users to tasks and activities they need to complete
- Advises users on how to carry out tasks and activities
- Ability to create templates for business processes.
- User configurable BPM rules for your specific business processes including:
- – Sickness registrations
- – Overtime authorisations
- – Expiry of employee skills
- – Return-to-work events
- – Expiration of employee health exams
- – Creation of new employees
- System can send messages :
- – by MyMail, Email, or SMS